Is it a date or an interview for a lifetime together? Here are six ways to tell:
1. He/she asks you where you see yourself in 5, 10, and 20 years. …before bothering to ask about where you’re from or what your hobbies are. If your date starts with suggestions like a career counselor and pulling up recent salary reports on their iPad, start scanning the room for the nearest exit.
2. By the end of the date, you feel like you know very little about them. But you know a lot about their friends who are married, engaged, engaged to be engaged, or going through reproductive challenges.
3. They focus more on the the past and future, not the present. He/she has no idea what you do for a living, but you feel like you came out of a therapy session by the end of dinner and a movie. Your date may be looking for whether your baggage and goals are compatible with theirs.
4. He/she asks about your parents’ marriage during the first round of drinks.
5. They ask about the status of your debt. They’re either trying to figure out how responsible you are or they’re asking because they want to be your sugar daddy/momma and pay ‘em off for you.
6. He/she grills you about the length of all of your past relationships. It’s one thing to briefly ask how long your last relationship. It’s another to ask you, “So what went wrong? Why couldn’t you commit?”